Thursday, August 2, 2012

Designer Focus - Michelle Chang Jewelry

 I was very excited to see one of my favorite Etsy shops featured on Fab.com the other day.

I've been a fan of Michelle Chang's jewelry for a while now and had been planning on making a purchase but this gave me added incentive.  There were a few pieces on Fab that I had not seen in her store so I made sure to add them to my cart right away.




What I love about her pieces are the delicate details combined with the soft finishes.  Each piece has a warmth and humor that is so engaging.  

The piece that first got me interested in her work was this whimsical (you know I can't resist that!) snake ring.  As a fan of snakes (they're much maligned and misunderstood), I was instantly smitten with his playful expression.












This ring also has a lovely brass version holding an amethyst.

I actually purchased the silver snake ring directly from Michelle's Etsy store but I did nab two pieces via Fab. First was the fox necklace in sterling with diamond eyes.  She has this without stones, as a ring and earrings as well.



Two snakes are better than one, right?  I also nabbed the brass "holding is tail" (very ouroboros, no?) snake with ruby eyes.




Working with Michelle through Etsy has been a pleasure so far.  I love that she'll adjust sizes and stones to suit your preferences.  I've had nothing but great experiences with the artists on Etsy and I can't wait to wear my new pieces.


1 comment:

ggshoe said...

Lovely! Simple and beautiful, right up my alley!
Thanks for sharing!