Friday, June 3, 2011

I wanted to love you

When I saw Think Through Fashion wear her floral dress with OTK boots, I was inspired to grab a pair myself.  I like fun dresses.  I like boots.  I want to make this happen! 


I especially liked her Sam Edelman "Sutton" OTK boots in this distressed grey-brown.  I like the chunky heel for sturdy height and felt the color would be the perfect grounding contrast to the girly bright dresses, right? Plus they were on sale for more than 50% off!

Wrong. I am beginning to think boot companies don't want me to buy from them.

I don't have stick straight legs.  After years of English horseback riding, I have a calf muscle.  And the calf circumference isn't, I don't think, out of the "average" range. And it was within the dimensions listed, but when I got them out of the box, they just didn't work.

I'm so sad.  I already had visions of flippy skirt and sassy boot combos.





I know that part of this issue is that manufacturers often link the shoe size with the boot shaft circumference. So, for those of us on the smaller end, it's tighter.  This doesn't make any sense to me at all!

I know tall, larger shoe-sized girls with straight legs and, like me, smaller size/wider calves.  It's a lot of variables, but we really need to fix this... if only so I can get some darn boots! Do I really need to go custom?



2 comments:

Lara said...

Oh that's a shame! Those boots are gorgeous!

I've had my eye on their adjustable field boots for a long time. They aren't otk or heeled but, they may work for your calves!

http://www.ridersmall.com/main/boots/Tall/ladies/Stallion_Ladies_Field_Boots.html

Anonymous said...

I think you can search Nordstroms.com for wide calf circumference boots (and they deliver). I have the same "issue" because I work out a lot and my calves are large for my shoe size (6-6.5). Best of luck and I would LOVE to see what you come up with! (Try or modify this: http://shop.nordstrom.com/sr?type=advanced&category=s6000053%7Cf8000698%7Cf8000465&size=6.5&origin=advancedsearch)

- Tessa