Friday, April 1, 2011

More Metallics

Still loving nail polish and manicures over here.  My pink glitter was chipping off last night so, having just bought a bunch more polishes from Ulta, I did a super quick polish change (hence slightly uneven french tip edges, I'm still learning) with Orly's Mirror Mirror and Revlon's Metallic 860.

This is a pretty light true grey with a cool very very subtle blue undertone that goes well with my pasty skin tone.  The Revlon is a great liquid silver.  I did a base coat, one thick coat of the grey and then the tips. I can't wait to do more with this silver.  I love love love it.




I've also found two great tools that are keeping me less smudgy - O.P.I.'s Drying Drops and Seche Vite quick dry top coat.  This top coat really does dry fast and shiny. And the drying drops are magic.  I think this was about $20 but you only use a few drops per nail so it's going to last forever.

And 100% pure acetone remover, where have you been all my life???  So much easier than the other stuff!


I'm so excited about some of the colors I got last night.  I'm trying to pace myself to once or twice a week.  As someone who has never had good nails, this is a whole new world of fun.  Squeeeeee!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please be careful with that remover - it can easily damage your nails so they crack or split (too many harsh chemicals).

- Tessa

Poochie said...

Tessa,

Thanks for the head's up! I don't use it too often so I hope I'm not doing too much damage. The other removers also have gelatin in them which I don't want to use.

Poochie