Friday, March 4, 2011

Jeffrey Campbell Skate

lThere is no reason for me to like this but I'm kind of intrigued by the Jeffrey Campbell Skate booties.  I'm a Florida girl.  I have no fond ice skating recollections. So I'm not sure why, but I think they are cool (pun intended)!



Maybe I just want my Silver Skate moment


Hans and Gretel Brinker have a much nicer story to aspire to.  I was going to say I like famous Norwegian Sonja Henie but then I read some more of her history and backed away from that asap.  I mean, Yikes!  She was a pretty, talented and successful woman who seems to have had a much darker past - from drinking issues to Nazi ties - than I would have ever imagined. Guess those white skates weren't so pristine.

1 comment:

Kara Endres said...

I just found these and love them! Featured them on my blog today and then was trying to see if any other sites had them (that's how I found your blog!). I'm from FL too and actually used to take ice skating lessons for a few years when I was younger, so I have a few of those memories (although not the nice outside in the winter though..)

http://sprinklesinsprings.blogspot.com/