Friday, December 17, 2010

Crafty Crafterson

Last year I saw this adorable felt bow project on Twig and Thistle and new I had to make one of my own.  They actually used a tutorial from How About Orange on making bows from magazines and other papers as the inspiration for the felt version.


Isn't this sweet?  I love it on the presents as a special topper but it's so perfect as a classy yet festive holiday brooch.



I had almost forgotten about it but yesterday it popped into my mind again and I ran out to grab some felt.  Luckily I already had pin backs. It takes a bit of time to cut out all the strips so they stay even.  That was the longest step.  This is the first bow I made so it's a bit of a test bow but it turned out great, I think!


So, unoriginal, I know but I styled it with a grey blazer as well.  It jazzes up my otherwise boring work outfit of jeans and black flats.


The red bow is classic but I'm going to try a nice dark evergreen green (maybe for the hubby to wear) and I found this amazing alligator print embossed felt in red that I'm really excited to try out next.  I'll post pics.

If you want a simple yet festive bow to wear or decorate with this is it.  Plus it's inexpensive.  I only needed 1 piece of felt which is $0.29 and the pin back which are 50 for $3. If you have a glue gun already, you're set!


Photo Credit (all but last two) from Twig and Thistle.

No comments: