Monday, February 9, 2009

Inspired by Nature

In honor of the new addition to the family, Mr. Jake the Turkey, I thought we needed another Inspired by Nature segment. Isn't he just the most gorgeous thing ever? His plumage is unbelievable. Dusky blacks, soft browns, bright reds and blues and striking white accents. Gorgeous!



These whipstitched Jimmy Choo sandals are a total match for the colors and accents.



I love the chunky black straps of these Gucci Iman platform sandals with the banding and gold accents.



The black and white of these Sergio Rossi sandals remind me of the white feather stripes in Jake's tail and wings.



And these Sigerson Morrison huarache boots on bare legs would give the same graphic stripe-y effect as his plumage and be just as attention-grabbing and striking.



But my favorites are the Louboutin 123 double platform sandals. Not only are they just as graphic but you get that same pop of red! Perfect.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glee! LOVE it. Especially the Choos and the boots. Perfect choices.

Lisa said...

The Jimmy Choos do bear an uncanny resemblance to turkey plumage, now that you mention it.

Frankie said...

This post is genius! And that is one hot bird x

WendyB said...

So is it true that turkeys are not...super smart?

Miss Q said...

OMG, I adore the Louboutin 123 Double Platform Sandals. I'm keeping my eye on Ebay and Gilt for these babies, because of course they are totally out of my price range! The pop of red, Perfect.

Smooches
~MissQ
missqhunter.blogspot.com

Leanne Pizio said...

Welcome to the new turkey!
Wonderful addition to the family. Can't wait to meet the new fellow.
Love those boots but I wonder how hard they would be to put on?

Anonymous said...

those sergio rossi and gucci platforms are just to die for. I'm such a sucker for all things ridiculously high!

Poochie said...

Wendy,

I'm not sure. The chickens were really smart but I've never taken care of a turkey. I'll have to let you know in a few weeks!

Luv
Poochie

Katie said...

congrats on your new addition to the family! i can't wait to hear about all his adventures in your backyard barnyard paradise.

Tricia said...

those Jimmy choos are almost as fabulous as Jake.