Friday, July 18, 2008

There's No Place Like... Saks

Ruby Slippers collaged by Poochie


Oh My Goodness... Where do I sign up for this auction?

From Vogue -

Betsey Johnson is just one of the designers who will be designing a pair of ruby slippers to commemorate the 70th anniversary of The Wizard of Oz next year.

19 designers, including Christian Louboutin, Diane von Furstenberg, Manolo Blahnik and Roger Vivier, will be using Crystallised Swarovski Elements for their shoes - that will be showcased at New York's Saks Fifth Avenue in September.

To raise money for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, the shoes will do a tour from Saks to the Bryant Park tents at New York Fashion Week before heading to Art Basel Miami Beach.

According to The New York Times, two pairs of each shoe will be produced for auction - while Betsey Johnson's design is rumoured to be a slipper turned into a high heel, Diane von Furstenberg's takes inspiration from her upcoming Wonder Woman collection and the Jimmy Choos are said to be red snakeskin pumps. Either way, we have no doubt they will all raise a lot of money when it comes to auction.

How much do you think I need to save up to get one of those shoes (any one) in the auction. Wait! What if they don't make them in my size???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at the shape of that heel in the central photo! I am positively swooning over that shoe, I think I need to lie down.

Poochie said...

Cybill

Oh, yes there is a reason those heels are in the center. They are one of my biggest shoe regrets. They are a pair from Viktor & Rolf from about 5 years back. They were on Net-A-Porter but started at size 6 and were pricey so I passed. I should have sold some blood and stuffed the toes and just bought them.

It pains me to this day that I don't have them.

Sigh!

Luv
Poochie

Leanne Pizio said...

Wow! One week of being gone and look what happens! I missed a lot of shoes. Love love love all the Dorothy shoes especially the ones 2nd from the left tip. Those are scrumptious.
Leanne