Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit
Today I wore another outfit that I never got around to wearing when I went to New York. This was to be something I wore walking around the city. In the end, I just didn't need it.

The skirt is a chevron black and white pattern skirt and I wore a bright azure light sweater, both from JCrew. I thought it would be cute with the flat sandals.



Of course the day I wear it and am all casual, I have to go to my client's office for a quick meeting. Oh well.

These flat sandals a kind of a departure for me. I wear equally exposed shoes all the time but typically they are heels. I'm not used to wearing flat shoes that have so little coverage. I don't wear flip flops out or anything, so it's kind of weird. I felt all bare.

I'm not sure I like them all that much either. They were inexpensive enough, but I'm not sure I like the toe strap and how the patent "leather" in the front gets all dusty. These may not last very long in the closet. I'm debating putting them in the donation pile right now. I just don't have room for shoes that I only feel lukewarm about.

They're cute in theory, but for me, are just not cutting it.

2 comments:

fashiontemptress said...

Well I live in a really hot climate and wear flip flops all the time, and when I tried those on in Old Navy, they made ME feel naked, which is saying something. To me, because of the toile lining, they are cuter off than on, which kinda defeats the purpose of a shoe.

Poochie said...

I think that is my same issue and opinion. Cute off, not as easy to wear on. Strange.

Luv
Poochie